SCCM Client Installed but Console Shows No Client Installed
- First just check the ccmsetup.log on client. Verify the successful installation of sccm client. It should give exit with return code 0.
- If it is correct, go in control panel and check for configuration manager icon (By selecting small icon view).
- If it is there, double click it. Now check on the general tab whether you can see client certificate, management point, and unique identifier.
- If yes, then go to action tab and check whether you can see all the required actions.
- If you can see all the actions, go to Site tab and see whether you can see your site code or not.
- If all the above checks are successful, try restarting the client machine if possible.
- Additionally thing try to ping FQDN of SCCM Site Server from the client and vice versa
- CCM.log on SCCM Site server
- Clientlocation.log & LocationService.log on client.
- Check for Network access account and Client push installation is enabled.
- Check the firewall settings in the client machine, be sure to turn it off or have the required firewall exclusions on place